New harness - Skyline Vertigo 2R?

I am looking for a new harness and a instructor who practise alot of Acro told me that the Skyline 2R is a good harness to start out with. I am new in Acrobatics and I want a harness wich is good mainly for Acro but also okay for thermaling. What do you think about the Skyline 2R and can you tell me how it is in thermals as well?

Latest Comments

simon2's picture

hey,

i still fly the vertigo. i think its not so dynamic than the old vertigo because its suspension is higher. (better for small acrogliders ;)) but you can choose the agility of the harness, because you can adjust the suspension. the quality is good, thick straps and so on. also the releasesystem of the rescue is great.

greets simon

LeeF's picture

I've not flown the Vertigo, but I've heard that they're well made. I fly with an Independence Acro normally and I recently flew the Airwave Acro 2 and totally agree with Panzar about how much feeling you get for what the air is doing.

Depending on what you're used to you might find it a bit bumpy at first but I don't find them any more bumpy than the reversible SupAir Altirando Airbag that I used to fly - although a lot heavier obviously.

Only other thing worth mentioning is that I'm told Skyline make the Vertigo to order, so there can be up to an 8 week wait.

If you want to check out the Andependence or the Airwave I've written a lot more on my site - http://freeacro.com/Harnesses.htm

Cheers

panzar's picture

i fly a vertigo and I'm quite happy with it ... fly thermals aswell and it's something to get used to ... since it has no diagonal damping it's quite bumpy in good thermal conditions, after a while you'll get used to that and use it in your advantage , you'll know perfectly where the thermal is and what way to turn ...

acro wise it's very dynamic and weightshift is very direct.

I can't tell you how it is compared to other acro harnesses since it's the only acro harness i've flown till now.

the only downside is the weight ... but you wont feel that once you launched ...

greets