GRADIENT FREESTYLE REFERENCE!

Hey guys what's up, I'm still on the quest on finding my new glider. I've been investigating about the gtadient freestyle, read that it is a very dynamic, solid and forgiving wing. And i saw some videos that give credit to this, But my favourite manouver is the Helico, and i havent seen not many videos of this wing performance in helicos.

Any Reference of this glider in general and specifically in helicopters?

Good flights!!!
Nelson

Latest Comments

EvE's picture

hi, i am new in Helicopters (first season), at first i learned on Vulcan, then changed to AF22, and to be honest Helis work much easier, once you are in nicely you rotate very stable, once it starts oscillating you still have some time (2-3 rounds) untill oscillations get very high, so it gives you some time to correct it (i am still not able but i think so). it rotates also faster, especially some times at the entry :)
backflys and stalles are a bit harder than on Vulcan, but one gets used to it.

cruelangeltesis's picture

Thanks for the advice gonzo. I allready can do helicopters in my fg22, i'm in my way to make them perfect! Choppering my FG22 with high wind is quite difficult (because of size and slow rotation), a few weeks ago i choppered a 20. Much faster and easier, and the FG also is very good wing to control when helicos becomes a wobblecopter :P.

I need something easy and fast to exit wobblecopters, cause i only have 160 mts height over sea! and 350 on summer over land.

Nelson

Gonzo23's picture

For learning heli its not so good, because its a little fast sometimes. But when you experienced backfly a little bit, youre on the safe side.

The Glider makes perfect helis exactly in the middle of the canopy and makes it possible to get out of the worst wobblecopter and correct it.
I have Thriller now and it also does a good job, but its a little unstable in heli compared to Aspen FS...

Also flew a Golden 2 with small size, and it was even little better than Aspen FS... Not shooting into Heli like Aspen FS, and little more controllable, and safe.

Of corse wingload is everything.

JaroXS's picture

Hi,

my friend here in Czech Republic have AF and for sure it isint easy to learn helis. AF have nice dynamics but im sure there are much better gliders for learning helicopters. If you want to find a glider for helicopters you need to find a glider with perfect deep stall.

Jarek
www.flyordie.info

akira's picture

Funny ... I have heard quite the contrary from several AspenFS pilots. Not at all that heli is impossible, but that the AspenFS is by far not the easiest of the freestyle wings to learn heli (compared to FG or octaneFLX).
But this is only second hand informations, I have not flown it myself ... therefore you should give gonzo more credit. I'd be happy to hear AspenFS pilots feeling about this. Maybe my friends are just too bad pilots ... :D