Alternatives to Octane FLX

Hello Everyone!
I'm planning to buy my first freestyle wing like Octane FLX, which is also quite OK for XC. I'm not an experienced pilot (had just one SIV this summer), so I also have to think about passive safety.

The question is:
Are there any alternatives to Octane FLX for a pilot like me?
What about Aerodyne Free? Why it's so inexpensive relatively to Octane FLX?

Thanks,
Oleg

Latest Comments

ORS's picture

Thanks!
I guess I'll stick with Octane FLX then.
Hope to see you in the Air,
Oleg

hessamus's picture

Hi I flew with Octane FLX 22 more than 450 time and i attended some acro Competitions in last year with this wing.....i do all the maneuver except infinity tumble .....Octane FLX is a wonderful wing with unbelievable safety with out any cravat ...... i want to inform you Guys i'm 115 Kg with all of accessorize and my wing is 22 m ..... you can see some videos wing at www.vimeo.com to know more about this wing....... one of my teammate have octane FLX 22 and he fly more than 2-3 hours but his weight is 75 Kg.... if anyone like Octane FLX and his weight is high i think he can fly with Octane 25m.

Happy landing

JaroXS's picture

Go for Icaro Instinct 2 Acro.

Regards,

Jarek

cruelangeltesis's picture

I have to add comments to mike´s. I am actually flying a Rolling 22 for about one week, and i am loving this wing. I used to fly a Fgravity 22, and the RR is the same as dynamic, but much more safe and smooth. One of the things i like more is the glide! I practice with low altitud so i need the most of lift and transitions!

RR is the latest in technology in freestyle, having the besto combinatino of dynamics, safety and glide!

mikesm08's picture

i flew my friends RR Rolling and can honestly say this wing is fantastic, best freestyle glider ever - its ratio for dynamic to safety and to helico make it a perfect combination.

devis_star's picture

icaro INSTINCT?

HolzingerM's picture

Hi!

I'm in the same situation.
Got my flying license last year and like to become a more experianced pilot :-)

These are the glider I'm looking for at the moment:

RR Acrowings Rolling (EN C)
Ozone Octane FLX (EN C)
U-Turn Free Force (EN C)
Gin Gangster (EN C)

All of them are EN C wings, so its a little bit defined how safety they are compared to the wings without any certification (or only load test)

mayby one of them is also interresting for you too.

best regards,
Mario