best glider for helico

Hello,

I am searching for THE ULTIMATE HELICO MACHINE, as this is the maneuver I am currently trying to learn.

I have thought about the following gliders

Octane FLX
RR Rolling
Burn
P 360
Burst
Instinct 2

I dont want a hardcore -arco glider, just a nice helico glider I can also do some combos with. (Later on)
It should also be possible to fly thermals nicely - to gain height obviously. (So maybe the FLX will not be my choice???) I did not list Freestyle 2 because its too expensive.

thanks in advance for your comments

Latest Comments

cruelangeltesis's picture

haha! nice! that helicopter whas ethernal, have good fun!

trendkill's picture

the burn is a very good helico machine for beginners i think. I flown with the size 21 with 85 kg takeoff weight. It was very forgiving.

fraents's picture

What about a Sol Supersonic in big size? 112 has 23 m2, 19.1 projected.

Seems fair?!

regards

Gutekfly1's picture

hi
I'm flying the octan flx 22. my take off is 115kg.
My dream was to learn helico, but for my it's very difficult trick.
Too many twisting => using rescue.
I think to learn helico you need practice lot of full stals. I suposed thats the best way to learn helico.
There is no best glider for helico.
Practise and be patient.
Octan flx for thermal is quite nice even with my weight.
I done few thermaling. this glider is not collaps, but in turns you lose more height.
regard
artur

rwegmann's picture

Hey cruelangeltesis

Could you post a video showing how easy it is to make helicos with the Rolling 22? That would be great. I' am working on it for a year now but it just doesn't work. However, with the Thriller 22 and the F-Gravity on the other hand, I have no problems.

Thanks for showing us the trick!

janek's picture

Hi
FF3 should be easy. First atempt was succesfull for me, and now learning to correct oscylation.
Tried helico - to sat and get twist risers + cravat and enter sat up side down so thrown reserve - my fault.
Janek
G303

cruelangeltesis's picture

I fly the rolling 22 and it is a really smooth glider! Good thermaling and easy on helicos.

lexou777's picture

forget the octane, zero for flying thermals