All-Around Acro Glider

What gliders are suitabel for acro and normal fly also?

Latest Comments

lupus78's picture

Loco: I haven't flown the FreeForce, but I saw it a few times (it looks like a DHV1-2 :) ) and spoke with people close to U-Turn, and they told it's not really good. I'm looking for something a little bit hotter...

pogozoli's picture

Hi!
I saw a question about Sol Synergy 2. I have this glider, the S size and is not very good for acro. In the video it was a simple Synergy, which differs a lot from the Syn 2. This is made for XC. I've tried some tricks, the SAT doesn't worked out well, the Assymetric spiral it was OK, the wing over it was OK. I've spoked with Xandi and he said also, that thees XC gliders are not made for acro.
About the Icaro Nikita: it is a very good acro glider, but for experienced acro pilots, not really for beginners. And yes, it's really sexy :)

Anonymous's picture

Lupus 78, you mast test in fly U-Turn Free-Force dis gliders is DHV 2 is good for bighiners ACRO and is good for XC fly.

AlexBerardi's picture

would u guys reccomend against a g-force as a first acro wing? i know there alot to handle but if i get one thats a little larger and take it easy at the beginning would it be managable?

thanks alex

simon2's picture

Hey.

A friend of me fly this glider. He made nearly every trick with it. But i don't know any specific things. I never fly with this glider,because I'm too young.;) Only with him in a tandem flight.(with this glider, was great ;))

Greets..

Benoit's picture

Hi Erlend
I don't know teh aspect ratio of this glider yet... but I'll try to phone my friends this afternoon or tomorrow.

PalTakats's picture

Hi!

At Coupe Icare Ernst asked me to test U-Turn's upcoming DHV 1-2 glider, the Morphois, but a 18m2 version. The wing is making Rythmic SAT very nice and Infinity also! Maybe a bigger size (DHV certified!) would a also a great choice as an all-around acro glider for you guys.

erlendmc's picture

Hi Benoit, do you happen to know what the actual aspect ratio of the Niviuk prototype glider is? (The F-gravity I guess)

lupus78's picture

lexou: I don't fly the Cayenne2, I have the first version, which is not really good for acro...

Benoit's picture

Hi !
Two friends of are flying with a Niviuk freestyle glider prototype. This wing has a lower aspect ratio than the N-Gravity. It seems to be good and does the infinity too.

lexou777's picture

HI Lupus; can you tell me if you have informations about cayenne 2 ?? is it good for acro or not?

lupus78's picture

I've emaild Niviuk a few days ago, and tried to get information about the Niviuk freestyle glider... but I still didn't got any reply.... I hope they will write me back

drsat's picture

I have a McPara Bitch 22. I flew that wing in many situations and conditions, in Organya, Annecy, Gerlitzen, MOntenegro and in Hungary as well. There were strong thermals and weak, late evening flights as well. I'm 78 kg. I have only 2 collapses in Annecy in a strong thermal, near the rocks, but there was no problem with it. Me and my friends made a lot of tumbles, helicos, WO's, assymetric SATs with it and it worked really well. For helico it's a really good glider, it is really stable and easy to fly that manouver. You can make tumbles 3 turns with it, it is fast enough and dynamic. In weaker conditions, just like in Hungary in a late evening i could fly with it for hours, so if you need an "allround" glider (except infinity:)), it's not a bad choice.

tema's picture

Hi Pal,Gabor!

Can i ask your helmet's type? I'm looking for a good opened helmet like
yours. Where can i find more helmets in hugary?

lupus78's picture

I don't remember if we talked about it, but the Airwave Burn is really designed for freestyle!
Any experiences?

erlendmc's picture

hmm I find it strange that they are making a "new" frestyle glider when they have the dhv2 one that looks like a dhv1-2... I would not se the point of a beginner acro dhv1-2 glider to be able to do infinity...if a pilot is able to do infinity he would probably not go for a 1-2 glider......(in my opinnion) hehe

Hope the aspect ratio of the Free Gravity is not too small....

lupus78's picture

It would be nice to hear also about the U-Turn freestyle glider. I was talking with Felix about 2 mounth ago, and he said it's going to be DHV 1-2, and the aim was to create a wing for beginning acro. He also claimed that it will do the Infinity.

erlendmc's picture

Good news;) Can´t wait to see what happens in October;);)!!

I have never been so amped on a new glider coming out...feel like a kid.. hehe

PalTakats's picture

As I can see there is a big interest about this new wing from Niviuk (called Free Gravity) so I asked Raul about it. He said they are still working on it but probably it will be ready for october. Anyway it works very well, does rythmic sat and infinity as well however it has lower aspect ratio.

karlb's picture

at Arjan - could well be those guys. My mate was saying their synchro stuff was awesome. And never seen such control in ground spirals or going in that fast etc. Was sure they were going to nail themselves!

at Erlend - I thought York would be good for towing. What sort of height can you tow up to?

I going home to Queenstown,(NZ)for a weekend at the end of the month...will be able to practise a bit with some decent height...yee haa!

Karl

erlendmc's picture

( It is very flat in WA Australia.... Good for XC in York. I live 500m from Cott....that´s where I fly the most. At the moment I prefere towing around York for acro).

arjan's picture

Actually I've seen the Aerodyne Guru wing a couple of time during my recent stay in St. Hilaire. Some local acro-pilots really trew them around in all kind of ways. Awesome action. There were at least two of them, cause they also did some synchro dolphin-training together. This wing looks extremely dynamic and those ground spirals were razor sharp. They might have been the same pilots as who was referred to.

karlb's picture

You could be right... 'Free-Gravity' would see a logical step from 'N-Gravity'. We'll soon see I guess.
How's the flying been WA way? I never flew when I used to live over there. Always thought flying down at the Cot would be good.
Was going off over here in the Blue Mountains this weekend. For once!

Karl

erlendmc's picture

I have heard Free-Gravity.......for the new acro glider from Niviuk..., but I might be wrong....

karlb's picture

Actually that was 'Freestyle' ...not 'Freeride'. Not out yet - still just the N-Gravity.

Also I hear the name of the new acro glider from Aerodyne is called the 'Guru' - if I understood correctly (was a bad skype connection). Actually I see it is now on the aerodyne site http://www.aerodyne.fr/siteus/freestyle.htm Was shown off at a demo day yesterday in Switerland by a couple of french pilots. Also flying a 13m2 Massai. My mate was telling me that each run ended up with some pretty serious ground spirals. Said it looked like a full spiral, then at the last second pulling the wing back onto the side/wingtip and landing perfectly.

Karl

karlb's picture

The new acro glider coming out from Niviuk is reportedly going to be named the Freeride. Well that was the last I heard a month ago. Should be out pretty soon I think - if not already available in Europe. A friend saw one being tested and said it is an impressive wing, very very dynamic - just not quite as much so as the N-Gravity. Will let you know when I am told anything else.

Karl

oyoz's picture

Hi all.

I'm considering buying the Sol Synergy2 size M. Does anyone have any acro experience with this (or have heard of anyone using this wing for acro)? I'm 98 kgs all up.

I was considering the Free Force, but with a glide ratio of 8, the glider is not very suitable for xc.

For now I just need something that does WO's, SAT's, loops and helis.

erlendmc's picture

Anyone have more info about the "new" acro wing that Raul is working on ? (Niviuk)

lupus78's picture

Pal,

If you have images and more information about this glide, please share with us!

Is Raul (or someone from Niviuk) registered on JustAcro?

take care and the canopy pressure be with you!
Lupus

frodel's picture

Hi all, i just got my new Icato nikita and can confirm that this is an top acro glider. My old glider was MacPara intox 22 acro and is one of the nicest gliders I've had. It works for almost every manuvers and feels very safe both in acro and thermals. I've also tried Mac Bitch and it feels somewhat similar but with more speed. Typically both gliders have wery good stability and for 140 houres I have never had any inflations or cravats in thermals. Can recomend this glider for everyone who likes acro and freestyle.

The nikita has longer lines, and mutch more energy. It also feels more dynamic and the risers are futher apart witch makes it more nervous in thermals. Also it has quite high AR (6,1) and trim speed above 45. I fly the Large with about 110 inflight. Did my first tumble with it some days ago and likes it a lot. I'm looking forward to learn more with this glider but it's not for beginners. Most manuvers I have to learn all over again but it's a wery nice acro glider, and looks wery sexy.

erlendmc's picture

yep! and there are roumers of an NK glider in the same range....

lupus78's picture

The Ozone 6907 seam not so aggressive acro glider, maybe it fits our needs. I haven´t tried it yet.

erlendmc's picture

Oki..."iupus78" you were right about Nikita from Icaro. Just talked to a friend of me that bought it.... It was very dynamic!

What about OZONE 6907?? anyone tried it?

lupus78's picture

I've seen some Bitch at acro competitions in france. They fly nice. A friend of mine has one, he go it just a week ago. I will ask him to write something about it on this forum

erlendmc's picture

Nothing wrong with the Intox glider! I really enjoy the glider. It has all I need so far, BUT I like to change a glider after I have had it for a while. I do believe that it is not good to fly the same glider for too long...makes it harder when you change. I like the feeling of getting to know a new wing as well....miss it;) I haven’t decided to change yet.....But if a new glider comes out that meets my demand...then I will change.. Yes, the Bitch looks nice.......but haven’t heard much about it...was supposed to try it last x-mas...but the weather was against my plan;(

I was considering UP Rock2, but it is supposed to have more brake pressure than the intox I have.... It is hard to try acrogliders in Western Australia, Just two acro gliders in the whole state;)

lupus78's picture

Erlend,

What is the problem with the Intox Acro 22? Is it not dynamic enough? Did you try the Bitch?

I think the Nikita is a top end acro glider.

I´m not sure, that the poison is a good all arounder acro glider, but it defenetly good for XC

handerson's picture

hey there.
anybody some infos about the poison? i´ve seen some videos from last vertigo where i saw some turkey guys doing acro stuff. i fly an cayenne and love the handling. is the poison an all arund acro glider??
cheers from hot germany

erlendmc's picture

I am having the same "problem" as you. I do fly an Intox acro22 and love the glider. It is really nice, but I am getting ready for something new. I don’t want to go for a Dune, just because I find the model a bit too old. When I am buying a new wing, I might as well get a new model;) I am waiting to try the u-turn freeforce. I don’t believe this is going to be the right one for me. I need a glider that has more energy than the intox but not like the top end acro gliders. Just waiting for comments from a friend that just got a nikita from icaro. (He used to fly an Intox acro). Hopefully this will be a good wing. What I am waiting for is to see if Niviuk and Aerodune are coming out with an acro light version. Gin should upgrade their Gangster as well... If anyone has any roomers, let me know!

lupus78's picture

Hi There!

I´m looking for a glider which is good for normal flying and acro also. Somewhere around DHV 2, with good performance for small XC and dinamics for acro.

Aerodyne Dune and MacPara Intox is fits my preferences.

A few weeks ago I was talking with Felix Roudriguez, and he was telling me that the new DHV 1/2 glider from U-Turn, the Obsession is something like this (maybe it will do the infinity).
Also Niviuk is working a glider like this...

Any information and experiences are welcome!