UP Rock Freestyle - anybody flown it?

Any comments on UP Rock Freestyle

Latest Comments

uptherock's picture

The school where I learned last lend me a Gradient Aspen 2.22 to try sat and it was immediate a perfect SAT, So it is really the glider. The freestyle is to large in aspect ratio and closes more.

uptherock's picture

Mine is the same now for a year, Yes he collapses the outer side and because of that not enough speed I think;
I shortened the breaks mor, and when I tried last with a break turn in the hand (Breaks yet a bit with the turn) it gos better but not perfect.
It seemx you can shorten the stabilo a little bit, so one little round more round the little carabiner. That would let the glider open. One who have the rock 1 extreme had the same problem and now he go's perfect. With freestyle a lot of weightshifting !!
I have to practise also !!!
How do you do the helico with this wing ? from parachutale or backflight ?

Roberto's picture

Hi Ethan,

I use the Rock2 23 now for 1/2 year, my flight-weight is about 90 - 95 kg (depending on the harness). It is nearly impossible to fly a SAT - this is also the opinion of an experienced friend, but the heli is perfekt. It also extemely shoots at the full stall from the previous felt state - its ambitious to fly.

The lash construction is very robust, compared with other Acro wings it has a slow trim speed and a good thermal behavior.

Ethan's picture

has anybody flown the UP Rock freestyle (not extreme version)?

UP suggest that the Rock Freestyle my be a suitable wing for recreational acro pilots who can do basic maneuvers such as SAT, heli, loop etc, but don't fly as frequeently as professinal acro pilots and still need a safer wing for when things go wrong.

Any comments?