wing for a beginner in acro flying.

Hello people, i need a litle help. I have been flying on a dhv 1 wing for two years now and im ready to start fly acro for real, so what wing would you reccomment as a first acro wing for me?

Latest Comments

karlos's picture

Thanks guys for the feedback. Glad to hear youenjoyed the Chili Skael. I am going to have a demo wing hopefully next week. Babak, I have read about the Obsession, all favourable reviews. I'm going to check if I can get a demo of that wing too.
Cheers guys.

skael's picture

I had some fligt's with the chili S, so araund 88Kg in flight.
i found it wery dynamic, and the SAT maneuvers really easy, but i don't tried more than this ;-/
But it's one of my faworite gliders i've ewer flown !!
Greetings Philipp

Babak's picture

hi, i think freeforce or obssesion S or XS is very good for u

karlos's picture

I'd be interested to hear from people who used Skywalk Chili for acro. What weight did you fly the wing at and how easy was it to SAT the wing for example. Was it easy/large entry window for the SAT?

charly's picture

good morning!

i have tested the new icaro instinct xs too...

i'm very impressed, the glider have so much dynamic and it's so easy to start, i think you can fly much of the manövers, and that relly easy and safe!

i tried wingover(really high), sat(totaly easy), fullstall,...

my result: it's a really good glider and i have so much fun fly with the instinct xs of icaro
http://www.icaro-wings.de/d/html/Index.htm

my englisch is good, isn't it???

see you in the sky, charly

laisch's picture

Hi!
A few days ago i have tested the new icaro instinct xs and i have bought it. I think its a really good wing for starting Acro. I have tried SAT, asym. SAT, rythmic SAT and it went really well. The Wing also does wingovers nearly as high as loops.
And all this with DHV1(1-2) safety! It is a very dynamic glider for its class. I have tried other gliders in xs format with DHV2 and they didn't have so much dynamic like the instinct.
I am very contently with my new wing. But try it out and make your own opinion.

(sry for my bad english ;P)

Anonymous's picture

Dear Yannis,
I fly and i have Obsession M but is not for this ACRO & XC. Is very dificult for the moment with Obsession only one size M DHV 1-2 and this is more border with DHV 2. I now about Greece is not Dealer. If you want help you with one Free Force . Call me ore drope one e-mail privat.
Best Regards

yannis's picture

Hi again Loco,
Unfortuanly,i dont think there is anyone in greece that flys u turn,and we dont have dealer for u turn.But it looks really good wing for what i want.Have u hear anything for obsession?Its a high level dhv1-2 from u turn and it looks really nice too.And its numbers in technical data is almost same with free force.I know its not matter of numbers but matter of feelling and energy,i just mention it.
There are so many gliders,its really hard to decide what to buy.
Thank u.

Anonymous's picture

Dear Yannis ,
In this case you want some XC and ACRO for you FREE FORCE is beter ACRO and XC but mast be careful is DHV 2.
If you have possiblility to try tis glider is super, ask some pilot from you region and finde the dealer for U-Turn.
Best Regards

yannis's picture

ΗιJaro and Loco...
Thanks for your replys.
What i have heard is that Atis2 has really good energy for dhv1-2,and it has really instant brake response.And all this with dhv1-2 safety.I dont want to have an acro eing becoue i want to fly some xc sometimes.If someone have some other wing in his mind dhv1-2 that think its good for acro too i would like to know.
thakns again.

JaroXS's picture

Hi Yannis,

I try atis 2 few months ago in little acro(i didnt have more time - i regular fly on acro edition). It has good energy, an it is relativly safe glider for beginner. Good for stalls, big wo, spins, sats etc. Nice handling.

See you in the air !

yannis's picture

Have anyone hear about sky atis 2?Not the acro edition.I heard that its a good wing for acro beginer.Anyone knows more about it?

borat's picture

U turn, Obsession XS!!!!

acropaolo's picture

Ozone Rush, Airwave Sport 3 are good glider to start acro with Dhv 1-2 safety...
They are good gliders to do first stall, spin, "real" wing-over, and thermal too.

See you in the sky,

Paolo

lexou777's picture

gradient aspen or advance sigma seem really goody for starting acro. this is only my opinion :-)