Twister or Sonic - compare ?

Hi,

at the half of this year i wanted to change my old Atis Acro 20m2 to some real acro wing. I wonder what is the differences between Twister and Sonic ? Wich glider offers better safety ? What is the difference between tricks ? Wich of these two gliders fly's better in weak thermals ?

I read all things about Twister here, but there is nothing about the Sonic.

See you in the air !

Jarek

Latest Comments

PalTakats's picture

Give a try to the Morpheus also - it could be worthy ;-)
And it's available in 6 sizes (unofficially even more...)

JaroXS's picture

Hi Ivan,

I gues your right. I will need to test these two gliders by myself, and pick one. The sonic is only in size 15,16. I think for start the twister 18 would be better because my start weight is almost 100kg.
Anyway i will try them both. Thx very much for the anserw.

See you in the air.

Jarek

cloudsvisitor77's picture

I flew both wings and I think each one is good, it really depend on what U r looking for
But at the end I have bought a sol sonic 15.
I have a different feeling with sol and I like it more, with the same load the sonic is a little bit faster and it flies different, I think the different feeling is due probably to a different starting design , the sol is looking to me like a higher performance design ( higher aspect ratio )
So far I have been flying sol for 5 months and I have never had any problem, the wing is very stable during the manouvres and very dynamic , and the pressure is very good all the up to the tips.

I think the best thing to do is to try your self both wings and see what is better for You.

good luck

Ivan

lupus78's picture

Hi

I fly a Twister, and found it quite good and not so difficult. I never tried the Sonic, but as I heard it's not as consistent as the Twister, but they are constantly improving it

Lupus