rogallo reserve

Hello guys, Im going to buy a new reserve and I want to buy a rogallo reserve.

Does anyone have some advice , which 1 is it supposed to be the best rogallo reserve.

I know beamer ( I also think this is the best ) , I know that team 5 is also making a rogallo type reserve.

Is there any other brand?

My body weight is 75 Kg, Does anyone know where I can find the technical specification for beamer, I don't know which size is better fom my weight.

Thank U in advance guys , have fun and happy tumbles ;)

Latest Comments

Benoit's picture

Hi !

I have a rogallo from Sky Paragliders and I opened it last week above the lake in emergency situation. I had not a lot of speed (I was in spin) but it opened quickly. My arrival into water was very soft.
So I think the Skydrive is a very good choice, not so expensive and the sink rate is not so high !

Ben

Frigorifix's picture

Hi,

Does anyone has informations about Mac Para ZX4 Rogallo ?

I can't seem to find anything on the internet (sink rate ? packing instructions ...)

audacium's picture

The Rogallo from Sky is indeed quite small and has high sink rates, especially given that it is a Rogallo reserve. You can also see it on the video from Sky where they demonstrate the reserve. So, this is not for me.

Personally, I have the Rogallo reserve from Vonblon (www.vonblon.com) called Papillon. I also had to throw it once, it opened very fast and reliable, so I am happy with it. As I was quite low I did not have time to steer.

Beamer and Papillon seem to be quite similar, I agree with Pal that the Rogallo reserves are similar (except for size, see the Rogallo from Sky). The planned Rogallo from Team5 looks very promising, too bad it does not come out before fall obviously.

Frigorifix's picture

Hi everyone,

I fly with an acro2 harness (supair) using 2 round shaped reserves but I would like to switch one to a Rogallo ...
What are your experiences ? Which one do you use Pál ?

gforce's picture

Is all Rogallo the best important is price, I use al so the Bemer and SkyDrive.
The Team5 is not all redy sale, only in September, or Octomber.
If u want buy, I am one Skydrive new never use, there is of me co-partner

Blue Sky & Happy Landing Loco Mad Marius

AndyNeubi's picture

hey,

i spoke to dani (team5) a few weeks ago about the new rogallo they wanna build. tests of the steerable-rescue are almost done and looks very good, but it is very hard to get the materials for the canopy. dani said that the next material shipment is guaranteed by the supplier not until fall 2008 !?
... so maybe the rescue will be avaliable in a few months ....

Andy

PalTakats's picture

Hi!

I think each rogallo is the copy of another one :D
As I know there are no big differences - but I heared the Sky Rogallo is sinking like hell, so don't buy that. I'd say the bigger is the better...
Pál