What Harness!?

Thinking of bying a new harness. What do you guyes fly? Any recomendations?

Latest Comments

davetaratko's picture

I flew an early Vertigo ( small back protector) for years. I have had other pilots fly it and mention that the hang points were kind of low, but I guess it is what you are used to. I put many hours on it and used for all kinds of flying. I did have one reserve deployment where the reserve was locked into the front container and wouldn't come out because of the force from my seatboard on reserve, it wasn't until I regained control of the glider that reserve finally deployed, a bit late. I wouldn't that there is anything wrong with the harness, probably just error on my part.
Last year I picked up the Von Blon Liga Acro harness, like Mike Kueng flies. I had flown it years ago and really enjoyed it, I shopped around looking for something better and finally bought one.
It only has one reserve, which is all I used in the Vertigo, and minimal back protection, but I avoid manuevers close to the hard stuff and I always like to land on my feet. In the air, the ride can't be beat, compact, direct, but not too sensitive like the Vertigo is.
I find the weight shift sensitivity of the Vertigo great for normal size gliders, but with the tiny acro gliders now, a little more stability from the harness is a good thing.

Benny's picture

I totally agree with Quicksilver!

But I have to say that I get twisted very often in comparison to other guys with other harnesses and I've heard that's because of how the Vertigo is built.

Well, I think it's my fault, too, cause I'm not yet that much confident with negative tricks...

cheers big ears
www.petlu.com

Quicksilver's picture

I fly a Vertigo2 for about 1 1/2 years. I really like it, it's very comfortable and you can work with weightshift very well. The only thing some guys don't like is that it's pretty heavy im comparison to other acro harnesses, but i prefere more weight and a bigger protector instead of little weight and a mini protector.
But thats the only bad about it, in my opinion