Morph Trimmers

Hi Pal!
Thanx 4 the advice concerning morpheus
I finally bought the morph 19, that would be arround 4.27 to 4.33 kg/sm.
I was surprisied to notice the good thermalling capability of the glider
Already did Wing-overz, then Full-Stalls, dinamic FS, SAT, dinamic SAT, helico attempts :)), no coconut yet, but managed to learn Looping. It's so easy with this glider :P.
I have a couple of questions:

1. The Trimmers: I noticed that if I release the trimmers I get a better glide ratio and a highly improved thermalling efficency. Does it affect the stability of the canopy in turbulent conditions?
I didn't notice any stability loss, but I want to ask you, cause I've had a nasty accident with the cidan in march 2007 beacuse releasing trimmers in turbulent conditions while soaring.

2. I am going to Laco di Garda and Omenia for 3 weeks of training starting the 2 nd of August.
I am planning 2 practice : loop, coconut 2 helico, helico, and helico 2 SAT ( I can do those, but need more practice)
And I want 2 learn: AS SAT and TUMBLING.
Do you have any advice 4 me? Other tricks I should try to learn before? What is your opinion?
Thanx a lot, Colin from Romania

P.S. I'll be there at Acroaria, maybe we see each other arround there

Latest Comments

PalTakats's picture

Hi Colin!

Nice to hear from you and that you are enjoying the glider!

About the trimmers: I always fly with trimmers all the way closed, for acro, I never open it. I only use it if I need more speed, for example soaring in strong wind or flying against head wind (I never install speed bar on my harness if I fly my 17m2, but for bigger sizes it might be handy). If you open the trimmers the glider gets faster and more unstable! It is just like pushing the speed bar, changing the angle of attack. I don't think it is a good idea to release it to fly thermals, because it increases your speed and decreases your glide ratio.

All the advise I could give you about the maneuvers is written here.

I'm affraid we won't see each other in Omegna, because I have to go somewhere else. But have fun there and take air! :-)

Pál